We respect your privacy
The Board of Directors of the TelecomPioneers of Canada understands that the privacy of personal information is very important to its members. This policy reflects the requirements of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act of Canada and restricts the use of member personal information for commercial activity purposes. The definition of commercial activity in the Act is “any particular transaction, act or conduct, or any regular course of conduct that is of a commercial character including the selling, bartering, or leasing of donor, membership or other fundraising lists.”
- The TelecomPioneers of Canada organization collects minimal personal information about members to be used solely for the purpose of conducting the following core business activities:
- For billing of dues and sponsor company pro-rates
- To generate statistical data for planning and research data
- To meet reporting requirements for various groups
- For tracking membership trends, developing membership characteristics, producing demographic analyses, and supporting membership retention
- Communicating key organizational messages and information to members
- With BOD approval, the communication by our sponsors, partners, and the national pioneer office, of products and services that may be of interest to members
The collection of member information will be limited to that which is necessary for the activities as listed. If a member prefers not to have their personal information made available to our sponsors and partners for special advertising and/or marketing initiatives, we will respect that request.
The Board of Directors of the TelecomPioneers of Canada will respect the use of member information and will not extend beyond these guidelines without the consent of members.